Margaret and I are so very pleased when we hear comments from our guests that confirm we have succeeded in our goal of providing a truly great cabin experience. Thank you to everyone who has contributed!
…shared from our Online Guestbook!
nice cabin in the smoky mountains
we had a great time with friends in the golden view lodge , the cabin was clean , towels in place kitchen has a lots of usable items , every thing as they said it would be and the most important part was the view its a brith taking , we really loved it , i give it 5 star
Stayed January 2, 2018 to January 7, 2018(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
AMAZING VIEW !!!
We loved the Cabin. Lots of rooms and space for the kids. The view was amazing!! Thank you!
Stayed December 27, 2017 to December 29, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Our Christmas Vacation at Golden View Lodge with family and friends was awesome!!!
The views were amazing and the cabin was, by far, the Best we have ever stayed in! We will be back!!!
Doug and Lucy C.
Stayed December 16, 2017 to December 23, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Our stay was great. The cabin is beautiful and the layout is perfect for large groups. Kids loved having their own space downstairs. The cabin was clean and beiautifully furnished. We would recommend this cabin without hesitation and look forward to visiting again!
Stayed December 1, 2017 to December 4, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Better than the Pictures
Our family came from the coast of North Carolina, Florida, and Alabama to meet in a more centralized location in the Smoky Mountains. While there, our group of 15 thoroughly enjoyed staying in this cabin! The cabin is beautiful! The view is amazing! The rooms are spacious and very clean. For once, the product (the cabin) is even better than the pictures. The owners are really great to deal with also. We had a little problem with the heater while we were there, but we emailed the owners and they responded within minutes of my email and were actually out to the cabin to correct the problem within an hour or so. We cannot wait to stay in this cabin again when we have a big group go again, and would love to stay in one of their smaller cabins when we go up on our own!
Stayed November 8, 2017 to November 13, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
My family stayed in Golden View Lodge for a reunion weekend. This is our third time staying in a Smoky Mountain Golden Cabin, and it seems the old adage is true…third times a charm! While we loved our first two cabins, Gold View was remarkable. The cabin is spacious, well maintained and clean. The hot tub, fire pit and grill are perfect for outdoor entertainment. And best of all, the fantastic panoramic view can be viewed from the living room, master bedroom, and kitchen as well as from the wrap-around deck. We loved it and plan to return next fall.
Stayed October 27, 2017 to October 31, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
My sisters, nieces, and cousins met in the Smoky Mtn for a girl’s getaway. This cabin was wonderful! Beautiful scenery, easy parking, fully furnished. Couldn’t ask for more. And the owners were so nice and accommodating. Can’t wait to go back some time.
Stayed October 5, 2017 to October 9, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Great location, good view, comfortable, room to park
We found this place as advertised. Quiet. Really loved the good views from the porch and the deck. Parking for 5-6 cars is no problem. No dangerous drop-offs to worry about in regards to little children. Nice outdoor fire pit area. 2 fridges helped us pack in the food. Quick access to basic shopping and the restaurants in Wears Valley. Not all bedrooms have TV’s, but wireless internet is fine.
Stayed August 31, 2017 to September 6, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Solar Eclipse Week
My family and I had an awesome time in the Smokys! The cabin was perfect! Clean, spacious, great view, great location, easy to access and close to trails, Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge. Hot tub, fire pit and pool table were nice adds while we stayed. We also slipped on down the road a couple miles to the pool. Everyone in town was super friendly!
Atlanta and Pittsburgh
Stayed August 20, 2017 to August 26, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Our group of 10 had plenty of room at the house. The house was clean and had everything that we needed in it. The views were amazing you sat on the porch or looked out the windows and you had a beautiful view of the mountains. The cabin is close to attractions and the Smoky Mountains National Park. I would definitely recommend the Golden View Lodge to anyone with a group of people plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms. I would definitely book this cabin. 5 Stars
Stayed August 10, 2017 to August 15, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
My family and I stayed at Donn and Margaret’s Golden View Lodge from July 27th through August 1st. This was a much needed family vacation for my family of 18, whose age ranged from 9 to 69. Our time spent in the cabin was very enjoyable and the cabin while secluded, was just a stones throw away from many outdoor activities which we all enjoyed. The cabin was extremely clean, the plumbing and air condition was fully operational, and the mountain view …BREATHTAKING! My stay was very memorable and not only do we plan on visiting Tennessee in the future, we would definitely stay at Golden View Lodge, again and again and again!
Fort Lauderdale Florida
Stayed July 27, 2017 to August 2, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
This cabin has it all! We loved the beautiful view and comfortable seating on the large, covered decks. We liked that it was on just 2 floors with lots of open living space, 2 large dining tables, and big comfy sofas. The bedrooms were all a nice size with good mattresses and well-covered windows. There is a huge closet off the master bedroom that easily accommodated a pack ‘n play for the baby. The kitchen had everything we needed: lots of plates, glasses, small appliances, and large serving pieces. Wifi worked great and the second frig was a nice bonus. The location is ideal for Pigeon Forge and Townsend. It will be our new go-to spot for the whole family!
Stayed June 15, 2017 to June 19, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Our family had a “siblings and spouses” retreat at Golden View Lodge. It was a perfect setting for us with beautiful vistas in a peaceful and quiet setting, yet with lots of entertainment just a short drive away. We had a wonderful time and hope to repeat the experience!
Stayed May 8, 2017 to May 13, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
This is an excellently situated cabin with a beautiful view. Our family has a reunion every year in a cabin near Smoky Mountain National Park and this is one of the best. Very clean. Easy access to the park for hiking. Plenty of space.
Stayed April 20, 2017 to April 24, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Golden View Lodge – Perfect!
Our family of 14, ages 3 to 73, were extremely pleased with the layout, the amenities, the cleanliness and the beautiful views surrounding the lodge. We tend to stay out of the crowds in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, and this Wears Valley location was perfect. We had easy access to the hiking trails in the national park, and found three great places to eat nearby on 321. Geppetto’s Italian Restaurant and Elvira’s Cafe both accommodated all 14 of us with hospitality and delicious food!
Stayed April 13, 2017 to April 18, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
We rented the cabin for our wedding weekend so both families could stay together. The cabin was perfect and everyone enjoyed their stay. When visiting again will definitely try to stay here again with a large group.
Stayed March 31, 2017 to April 3, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Golden View Lodge – Perfect home away from home
Thank you for another wonderful stay at Golden View Lodge. For the past 10 years we have had a girls weekend to celebrate my Grandmother’s birthday, 4 daughters and 9 grand and great-granddaughters. This year she turned 88! This was our 2nd stay at Golden View and like the first time, it was wonderful! Very clean, well stocked and plenty of room! The only thing I can think of that could use some improvement is the shower heads in the bathrooms. Some of them spray weird, kinda like holding your thumb over the end of a water hose, it’s sprays everywhere except where you want it! However, the shower heads definitely won’t keep us from booking again…hopefully soon!!!
Stayed February 24, 2017 to March 1, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Just wanted to let you know what a wonderful time our group had at Golden View Lodge. It was the perfect size for our group. Clean and comfortable and the view was beautiful. We are thinking about doing two trips next year! Thank you so much for having this beautiful cabin available for us.
Stayed February 10, 2017 to February 13, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Quiet, comfortable place!
We stayed 2 nights for the 3rd time in 4 years and absolutely love this place. It is very comfortable, well kept, and even was pre-decorated for Christmastime. Our 5 couples (siblings & spouses) each had bedroom with their own bathroom which makes it much like a hotel, and the upstairs great room provides a gathering place for eating, and socializing. Table space plentiful with 2 large tables that can be combined to make a huge one. Road up to cabin just a bit steep but easily traversed slowly and carefully. Dishwasher helps cleanup for meals.
Laceys Spring, Alabama
Stayed December 2, 2016 to December 5, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Exceeded every expectation!
Our time at Golden View Lodge exceeded every expectation we had. Our family gathered for Thanksgiving and the Lodge was a perfect place for our family. My parents appreciated the parking and ground floor entry to the main floor as we left the downstairs and steps to the younger generation! The kids, ages 25, 25, 26, 23, 21, 21, and 15 loved the pool table and hot tub! The upstairs main living area easily accommodated our extended family of 11. The keyless entry was nice as we didn’t have to stop at a rental office on our way in. Donn and Margaret were only a phone call away, if we had needed them. The place was so clean and well cared for we never did have to call. A million thanks! The Farr Family
Stayed November 21, 2016 to November 27, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Wonder Yearly Adult Trip
We have used Smoky Mountain properties for the last 4 years to book our yearly couples trip. This cabin is perfect. We had 12 adults (6 Couples) and everyone had their own bathroom. There was a lot room and everything was beautiful. We cant wait until next year.
Stayed February 12, 2016 to February 16, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
GOLDEN VIEW LODGE
THIS IS A GREAT CABIN TO STAY IN AND WILL HOLD SEVERAL PEOPLE EVERYTHING WAS CLEAN AND TOOK CARE OF UNLIKE ALOT OF THE CABINS I HAVE STAYED IN. WE ARE TRYING TO GET TOGETHER AND PLAN OUR NEXT VACTION TRIP AND WILL STAY IN THE SAME CABIN IF AVAILABLE BUT WANT MORE DAYS.
FIVE POINTS ALABAMA
Stayed October 20, 2016 to October 24, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
What a beautiful cabin!
We had a great time at your cabin this year. It was a first for our family, as we all went together. It was a very accommodating cabin, with large rooms, and well stocked kitchen, and plenty of sleeping area for a big family. It is very close to restaurants, (Paw Paws Catfish Shack) was very good, and they were happy to serve our large group even though the restaurant was so small. Donn and Margaret are awesome hosts and answered all our questions, and were happy to let us check in a little early because the cleaning was done. Thanks again for your kindness and for being gracious hosts! If ever the group is this large again we will definitely come back to this cabin. Oh, I almost forgot, the cabin was very clean as well. Take it from someone that rents a cabin EVERY year, sometimes twice, this was one of the cleanest by far! Thanks again Y’all!!
Stayed October 5, 2016 to October 10, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Wonderful, Peaceful and Fun Women’s Getaway
I want to first thank Donn and Margaret Tisch for being so helpful. When you call they are there ready and willing to help. We all appreciated you both. Our stay at the cabin was all that we asked for and more. The cabin was clean, roomy and plenty of items there for our use. The other thing we loved about this cabin was it was far enough away to enjoy the serenity of the mountains but close enough to Peigon Forge and Gatlinburg. This is defiantly a place we will return to.
Stayed August 18, 2016 to August 22, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Golden View Lodge
The cabin was everything we had hoped, well stocked, incredible view, clean, great beds. We had one small problem with a toilet and someone came right out to take care of it. I would highly recommend this cabin. I had spend probably 60+ hours researching cabins and was completely satisfied.
Stayed August 7, 2016 to August 14, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Views, views and more views
I consider myself a connoisseur of rental properties in the Smoky Moutains having rented many over the years. Donn and Margaret always answered questions in a quick and timely manner which is very important when trying to accomadate a large group. First and foremost, Golden View Lodge was immaculate, which literally is the first thing I look at when walking into a chalet. The kitchen was well-stocked, we never reached for something that we did not find. The grill was in great shape and in working order. We did not use the Hot Tub, only because it was in the high 90’s when we were there, and not cooling down much in the evening. Golden View Lodge is surrounded in decks with plenty of chairs to admire the incredible views! There is also a surprised bonus of an unique firepit that also has plenty of chairs. Importantly, the drive and driveway are easy to navigate with plenty of level parking. Definitely would rent from Donn and Margaret in the future, and give Golden View Lodge 5 stars.
Stayed July 25, 2016 to August 1, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Thank you for sharing your lodge for our family vacation. The 16 of us were finally able to pull off a family vacation after a year in the planning. We enjoyed every square inch on the lodge & will certainly attempt to plan another vacation in the Smokies…
Stayed June 29, 2016 to July 7, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Love Golden View Lodge!!!
Don & Margaret, thank you for sharing your beautiful cabin with us! It was the perfect gathering place for our family to celebrate my parents’ 60th Wedding Anniversary. The flexible sleeping arrangements allowed us to easily accommodate all 18 members of our group. We ate all of our meals out on the porch…couldn’t get enough of the spectacular views!!! The proximity to Cades Cove was key for us…our favorite Smoky Mountain activity is the 11 mile bike ride around the Cove. We look forward to staying in your cabin again in the future. Thank you!!! The Ponder, Randolph & Watch Families
Stayed June 10, 2016 to June 14, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Great place to relax
This year was our second time to stay at the Golden View Lodge. April was a wonderful time to visit the Smokey Mountains. We enjoyed a fire pit in the evenings and Relaxed in the hot tub. Sitting on the porch in the morning having coffee and enjoying the view of Wear’ s valley was amazing. We really feel so comfortable at this cabin. It is wonderful for a group like ours. We are looking forward to next year when we can return to Golen View Lodge for another vacation.
Stayed April 23, 2016 to May 1, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Loved our stay at Golden View Lodge !
Twenty nurses getting together after 50 years to celebrate our graduation from E.T.B.H. School of Nursing ! The cabin was perfect ; there was plenty of room for all to sleep; plenty of room for us to gather around tables or in the living area. There were lots of rockers on the porch to view the mountains and the valley below, and it was a spectacular view!!! Thank you for a wonderful place to relax and renew friendships.
Stayed May 11, 2016 to May 14, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Golden View Lodge was FANTASTIC!!
We held a staff retreat at Golden View Lodge and it was a perfect place to not only do some learning, but have some fellowship and fun as well! The cabin had so many nice amenities, beautiful views, and comfy beds…we’ll definitely be back!
Stayed May 4, 2016 to May 7, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
My husband and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Golden View Lodge, and we had all 3 of our children plus significant others with them, so it became a family affair. The cabin was perfect and very relaxing during our stay. We definitely will be back to enjoy the Smokies and feel safe during our stay. Tim and Jayne S.
Stayed April 14, 2016 to April 18, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
The worse thing about this place is saying goodbye! It couldn’t have offered more or been more perfect! Our new favorite vacation getaway ….will be booking our return visit for this fall very soon! Can’t wait to get back there & unpack!!! 🙂
Stayed April 3, 2016 to April 7, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Great Place to Stay
This cabin is roomy–plenty of beds and baths. Also, plenty of seating in living room and dining. There is a beautiful view and plenty of parking. The location is wonderful, also. Would be nice if the refrigerator had an ice maker, so take your ice! Owners are wonderful to work with and are on top of all of your needs.
Stayed March 31, 2016 to April 4, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Golden View Says it all!
We loved our stay at Golden View. Our favorite part was the wonderful deck and the view. Plenty of room for everyone. Great stay.
Stayed March 23, 2016 to March 27, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
Vacation stay at Golden View Lodge
Our vacation at Golden View Lodge was great as always at Donn and Margaret`s cabins. The lodge was beautiful and so was the view. It is at the end of the road and secluded which we really liked. I loved the fire pit also. We will always stay at Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins when we come because of the beautiful cabins and the hospitality we always receive from the owners. Thanks for having us. We look forward to our next trip.
Stayed January 25, 2016 to February 3, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
This was our second year here and will be a yearly trip. The cabin is large and cozy with everything you need. I couldnt imagine another cabin with a better view . First class!! I highly recommend!!
Stayed February 7, 2016 to February 11, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
We truly had a wonderful time at golden view lodge. The cabin is beautiful. The pictures don’t do justice to this beautiful place in the clouds, looking atop the trees. It will take your breath away. It even dusted us with snow and the tops of the mountains were breathtaking. We are truly blessed with a big, close family and this was perfect. Donn is also a nice guy and responded immediately anytime we needed anything.
Stayed January 15, 2016 to January 20, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
This cabin was beautiful! Plenty room for our family. Exactly as described and the views were more than we expected. The fall colors were in full bloom.
Stayed November 1, 2015 to November 8, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
We loved our stay at this cabin. There was plenty of room for 9 senior ladies to spread out. Plenty of bedrooms, bathrooms, and plenty of seating at the dining room tables. The view was beautiful. The parking was great. The sitting area in the living room was comfortable. The location was convenient to Pigeon Forge and hiking. We loved this cabin so much that we are going back in the spring. Highly recommend!
Stayed November 12, 2015 to November 16, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden View Lodge)
1. AGE: To reserve this cabin, you must be at least 28 years old. Groups of unrelated guests must get prior approval. Anyone under 28 years of age must be accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. The minimum acceptable ratio to rent is four (4) children to one (1) adult over the age of 28. A parent or guardian must be staying in the cabin at all times
We do not rent to sororities, fraternities, college or high school groups. For questions, please call 865-202-7657
2. PAYMENTS: To make a reservation we require 1/3 of the total rental amount down on a credit card with the balance due 30 days prior to your arrival date. Reservations will be cancelled for failure to pay the balance after 2 days late. The cabin/property will be put back on the calendar and advertised for rent to another party.
3. CANCELLATIONS: The fee to cancel is equal to 1/3 of the total rental amount (same as your first payment). Cancellations received 30 days or less, prior to the arrival date, will be responsible for the entire rental amount unless the cabin is rented to another party. (it may be necessary to discount the cabin last minute in order to rent it and any refund will be for the difference and less the fee to cancel.)
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT: A $200 refundable deposit will be collected when your balance is due (30 days before your arrival date) and returned within two days after you check out provided there is no extra cleaning or damage. We reserve the right to bill your credit card if expenses exceed the amount of deposit.
5. INSURANCE/REFUNDS: We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance for unintended cancellation, disruption of utilities, inclement weather, Acts of God, accidental damage, accidents, injury, break downs, medical emergencies and any other unintended consequences. We do not refund money for early departures, power outages, inclement weather or other disruptions to appliances, amenities or any of the conditions (afore mentioned or not) that is beyond of our control.
6. CHECK /IN TIMES: Check in time is at 4 pm. On certain days/times of year the cleaning crew is very busy. They do their level best to have every cabin ready by 4 pm. Every effort will be made to have your cabin ready by 4 pm, but we do not give refunds or compensation if it is not ready on time. Likewise, if your cabin is ready early, you are welcome to check in up to two hours early and we do not charge for that. (Please contact our office on the day you arrive to see if your cabin is ready to check in early).
7. CHECK /OUT TIMES: Check out is before 10 am. It is necessary that the cabin be vacant and ready to clean when the cleaning company arrives. There is a late charge equal to one extra night for anyone checking out after 10 am.
8. DEPARTURE: Before you depart;
A) Leave the beds unmade. Put towels & linens in the bath tub.
B) Wash Pots, pans and dishes, put them away in cabinets. Load breakfast plates in dishwasher and start.
C) Take trash to dumpster next to the gate at the entrance.
D) Lock all doors and windows.
E) Set thermostat to 70 degrees.
F) Return furnishings to where they were when you checked in. Leave televisions in a connected/wired/programmed condition in which you found them.
G) Please leave the cabin and grounds in the condition you found it.
8a. LOST/LEFT ITEMS: If we are able to find any items left behind and return is requested, a $25 handling fee plus postage will be charged for all items returned.
9. SMOKING: All of our vacation homes/cabins are Non-smoking. You may smoke outdoors if you safely dispose of, extinguish smoking material and pick up your cigarette butts.
10. NO PETS: This is not a pet friendly cabin.
11. PARTY POLICY: We do not allow parties of any kind. We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the property without notice or refund for having a party.
12. VISITORS: Non-paying guests are not allowed unless permission is granted in advance.
13. PARKING: There is parking for 6-8 cars in the driveway.
14. WINTER DRIVING: It is possible for there to be snow and/or ice storms during winter months. We will make every effort to plow, salt and assist you in reaching the cabin (time, supplies & equipment permitting). We are not responsible or liable for the weather, condition of the road/driveway or your ability to reach or depart from the cabin. If you do experience problems call us immediately and we will do all we can to assist you.
15. IMPROPER USE OF PROPERTY: We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave our cabin/property without notice or refund for any kind of improper use of the cabin. Abusing our vacation home is not allowed and we reserve the right to bill your account for repairs, damage or loss caused that is outside of normal wear and tear.
16. ACCESSIBILITY: It may be necessary on occasion for us to gain entry into the property during your stay (for example: scheduled pest control) we, our representatives and/or maintenance personnel reserve the right to enter the property if necessary. We promise to keep this to an absolute minimum.
17. CLEANING: The cabin/property will be inspected and cleaned after departure. The cleaning fee includes laundering of bedding, linens and towels. Tenants are required to leave the property in the same general condition that it was found/received in by making sure that dishes are washed and put away. And that the property has been picked up, furnishings replaced, televisions programmed/connected/working, and the property is ready to be vacuumed, dusted and laundered. There will be additional charges (starting at $100) for cleaning if it is left in poor condition. Please take care of our property and leave it in a satisfactory condition.
17a, FURNITURE: This cabin is privately owned and decorated to the owner’s personal taste. Please remember that this is our personal vacation cabin and treat it with care during your stay. Do not move furniture. You may incur an additional charge for housekeeping to reposition furnishings and décor.
Photographs are meant to provide a general feel; specific furnishings and décor items in the cabin will change from time to time and may vary from photographs. Bed and bath linens, blankets and pillows are all provided for your use. The kitchen comes fully
18. HOT TUB: You and your guests use the hot tub at your own risk. You must keep the hot tub covered when not in use. You must read and follow all directions and safety procedures before using the hot tub. They are posted near the tub or in the cabin book. Do not sit, stand on or damage hot tub covers.
18 a. POOL TABLES: Never attempt to move a pool table. If the pool table is moved or damaged during your stay you are responsible for repairing or replacing it.
18b. BBQ GRILL: If you use the grill you are responsible for cleaning it after each use. We provide the propane as needed for the gas grill. (we do not provide charcoal for the charcoal grill) If you find both propane tanks empty, just give us a call and we will have a full one delivered as soon as possible.
19. AIR CONDITIONER: Do not use the Air Conditioner or Furnace with the windows or doors open. Do not use the Fireplace & Air Conditioner at the same time. This is a waste of gas and electricity, causes the unit to freeze and will cause permanent damage to the unit leaving you without heat or air condition for duration of your stay. Please be responsible.
20. FIREPLACES: All fireplaces are seasonal. Depending on weather, they are usually turned on in October and turned off in March. All fireplaces are on a timer. Do not attempt to light, adjust or cook on fireplace. Do not move the logs.
20a. FIRE PIT: Please use caution when lighting a fire. Do not scrounge the woods for fire wood. Fire wood should be purchased from a local vendor. Fires need to be full extinguished when not supervised. Unexpected high winds at night are not uncommon. You are responsible if you start a forest fire, please use extreme caution.
21. FIRE WORKS: Shooting or Possessing Fire Works at any of our cabins/property is prohibited.
22. WILDLIFE/PESTS: Welcome to the mountains! We do have wild animals in the woods. Insects and pests are not uncommon in the mountains either. Each property/cabin is routinely inspected and treated for insects and pests. Do not leave doors or windows open. Do not leave food out on the counter. Do not leave trash in the cabin. Do not encourage insects, pests or wild animals. Please help us maintain the cabin for future guests.
23. LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By renting this property and signing this document you are assuming all risk and liability for any damage or loss done to persons, property, agents, employees or visitors occasioned by the present or future condition of the premises, both latent and manifest. Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, the owners, Donn and Margaret Tisch, their employee’s or contractors are not responsible for any loss due to theft, items left behind, accidents or injuries to guests or visitors due to negligence or lack of personal responsibility.
24. ATTORNEY COSTS: If Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins or its owners, Donn and Margaret Tisch employ the services of an attorney to enforce any of the conditions of this agreement to collect amounts due, damages or losses, then the tenant shall be liable for attorney fees and costs incurred by them.
25. Amenities Liability Waiver/Hold Harmless Agreement: Please acknowledge that neither the property owner, or Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins is liable for any “bodily injury, or death” caused as a result of the use of amenities at this rental property, except under pure negligence on the part of the owner or Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins. Amenities are defined as (Swimming pools, hot tubs/spas, saunas, exercise equipment, small watercraft, bicycles, fire pits, playgrounds, fishing, recreation areas, and similar).