1. AGE: To reserve this cabin, you must be at least 25 years old. We do not rent to sororities, fraternities, college or high school groups. Groups of unrelated guests must get prior approval. For questions, please call865-202-7657
2. PAYMENTS: To make a reservation we require 1/3 of the total rental amount down on a credit card with the balance due 30 days prior to your arrival date. Reservations will be cancelled for failure to pay the balance after 2 days late. The cabin/property will be put back on the calendar and advertised for rent to another party.
3. CANCELLATIONS: the fee to cancel is equal to 1/3 of the total rental amount (same as your first payment). Cancellations received 30 days or less, prior to the arrival date, will be responsible for the entire rental amount unless the cabin is rented to another party. (It may be necessary to discount the cabin last minute in order to rent it and any refund will be for the difference and less the fee to cancel.)
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT: In lieu of collecting a security deposit, Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins and the owners, Donn and/or Margaret Tisch, reserve the right to charge your credit card for damages or loss beyond normal wear and tear and violation of this rental agreement.
5. INSURANCE: We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance for unintended cancellation, disruption of utilities, inclement weather, Acts of God, accidental damage, accidents, injury, break downs, medical emergencies and any other unintended consequences. We do not refund money for early departures, power outages, inclement weather or other disruptions to appliances, amenities or any of the conditions (afore mentioned or not) that is beyond of our control.
6. CHECK /IN TIMES: Check in time is at 4 pm. On certain days/times of year the cleaning crew is very busy. They do their level best to have every cabin ready by 4 pm. Every effort will be made to have your cabin ready by 4 pm, but we do not give refunds or compensation if it is not ready on time. Likewise, if your cabin is ready early, you’re welcome to check in up to two hours early and we do not charge for that. (Please contact our office on the day you arrive to see if your cabin is ready to check in early).
7. CHECK /OUT TIMES: Check out is before 10 am. It is necessary that the cabin be vacant and ready to clean when the cleaning company arrives. There is a late charge of $50 per hour for anyone checking out after 10 am.
8. DEPARTURE: Before you depart, leave the beds unmade. Put towels & linens in the bath tub. Wash dishes or run dishwasher. Leave trash in trash can provided, dumpster or in the kitchen. Lock doors and windows. Set thermostat to 70 degrees. Return furnishings to where they were when you checked in. Leave televisions in a connected/wired/programed fashion to local channels. Leave the remote on a nearby table. Please leave the property/cabin and grounds in the condition that you found it.
9. SMOKING: All of our vacation homes/cabins are Non-smoking. You may smoke outdoors if you safely dispose of, extinguish smoking material and pick up your cigarette butts.
10. PETS: This is cabin does allow approved dogs.
A) Pet must meet with prior approval and a fee paid.
B) Pets are not allowed on the beds or furnishings.
C) Pets left alone in the cabin must be in a portable kennel.
D) Pets that chew, bite or are not properly house trained are not allowed.
E) Please pick up after your pet.
11. PARTY POLICY: We do not allow parties of any kind. We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the property without notice or refund for having a party.
12. VISITORS: Non-paying guests are not allowed unless permission is granted in advance.
13. PARKING: There is parking for 5-6 cars in the driveway.
14. WINTER DRIVING: It is possible for there to be snow and/or ice storms during winter months. This cabin has never had a problem. We are not responsible or liable for the weather, condition of the road/driveway or your ability to reach or depart from the cabin.
15. IMPROPER USE OF PROPERTY: We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave our cabin/property without notice or refund for any kind of improper use of the cabin. Abusing our vacation home is not allowed and we reserve the right to bill your account for repairs, damage or loss caused that is outside of normal wear and tear.
16. ACCESSIBILITY: It may be necessary on occasion for us to gain entry into the property during your stay (for example: scheduled pest control) we, our representatives and/or maintenance personnel reserve the right to enter the property if necessary. We promise to keep this to an absolute minimum.
17. CLEANING: The cabin/property will be inspected and cleaned after departure. The cleaning fee includes laundering of bedding, linens and towels. Tenants are required to leave the property in the same general condition that it was found/received in by making sure that dishes are washed and put away. And that the property has been picked up, furnishings replaced, televisions programed/connected/working, and the property is ready to be vacuumed, dusted and laundered.
18. HOT TUB: You and your guests use the hot tub at your own risk. You must keep the hot tub covered when not in use. You must read and follow all directions and safety procedures before using the hot tub. They are posted near the tub or in the cabin book. Do not sit, stand on or damage hot tub covers.
18a. POOL TABLE: Do not attempt to move the pool table. If the pool table is moved or damaged, you are responsible for either paying for repairs or a replacement.
19. AIR CONDITIONER: Do not use the Air Conditioner or Furnace with the windows or doors open. Do not use the Fireplace & Air Conditioner at the same time. This is a waste of gas and electricity, causes the unit to freeze and will cause permanent damage to the unit leaving you without heat or air condition for duration of your stay. Please be responsible.
20. FIREPLACES: All fireplaces are seasonal. Fireplace is real wood. Wood is provided. You must follow directions and you will find them in the cabin book.
20a. FIRE PIT: Please use caution when lighting a fire. Do not scrounge the woods for fire wood. Fire wood should be purchased from a local vender. Fires need to be full extinguished when not supervised. Unexpected high winds at night are not uncommon. You are responsible if you start a forest fire, please use extreme caution.
21. FIRE WORKS: Shooting or Possessing Fire Works at any of our cabins/property is prohibited.
22. WILDLIFE/PESTS: Welcome to the mountains! We do have wild animals in the woods. Insects and pests are not uncommon in the mountains either. Each property/cabin is routinely inspected and treated for insects and pests. Do not leave doors or windows open. Do not leave food out on the counter. Do not leave trash in the cabin. Do not encourage insects, pests or wild animals. Please help us maintain the cabin for future guests.
23. LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By renting this property and signing this document you are assuming all risk and liability for any damage or loss done to persons, property, agents, employees or visitors occasioned by the present or future condition of the premises, both latent and manifest. Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, the owners, Donn and Margaret Tisch, their employee’s or contractors are not responsible for any loss due to theft, items left behind, accidents or injuries to guests or visitors due to negligence or lack of personal responsibility.
24. ATTORNEY COSTS: If the owner of the cabin, Jerry Tisch, employ the services of an attorney to enforce any of the conditions of this agreement to collect amounts due, damages or losses, then the tenant shall be liable for attorney fees and costs incurred.
25. Amenities Liability Waiver/Hold Harmless Agreement: Please acknowledge that neither the property owner, or Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins is liable for any “bodily injury, or death” caused as a result of the use of amenities at this rental property, except under pure negligence on the part of the owner or Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins. Amenities are defined as (Swimming pools, hot tubs/spas, saunas, exercise equipment, small watercraft, bicycles, fire pits, playgrounds, fishing, recreation areas, and similar).