Many guests have left us reviews online, in our guestbook and using our online guestbook! We are very pleased to share just a few of them here with you!
…shared from our Online Guestbook!
I was able to locate the cabin in about 5 minutes. This is the first and best impression. The open concept of the cabin is unbelievable. We were in aww looking the Jacuzzi, bed, pool table, kitchen, dining area, living area and also the rest room. Please use of the space and an amazing appeal. The thing we can cherish for the entire life is to view the sun rise and moon rise while sleeping on the bed. Amazing amazing amazing. Definitely going to be back with an extended family soon
Stayed March 11, 2017 to March 14, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Great cabin, great customer service, great location. Couldn’t have asked for anything more. We’ll be back!
Stayed January 20, 2017 to January 23, 2017(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Relaxing and Wonderful cabin.
I have vacationed Gatlinburg yearly for many years. This was the first time staying with Smokey Mountain Golden Cabins and by far was the best visit. I have had. I loved the easy check in and out. I loved the Wears Valley area. This was the best vacation I have had in many years. The cabin was clean, secluded, and quiet. It had great views of the mountain. Out of 5 stars it gets a 6. Thank you Donn and Margaret.
Stayed November 20, 2016 to November 27, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Golden Memories cabin
Wonderful cabin and views and easy check in/check out. Exceeded our expectations and we can’t wait to come back! Highly recommend!
Stayed November 18, 2016 to November 21, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Wonderful stay in the Smokies
We had the best time at the “Golden Memories” cabin on our honeymoon. The cabin was very clean and cozy, and Donn and Margaret were available for everything we needed. We never rented a private cabin before and the process with them was very easy! We will highly recommend the cabin to our friends and we will be back!
Stayed November 5, 2016 to November 13, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
We stayed at golden memories cabin for 4 days an absolutely loved it. Great view very clean and welcoming. Everything worked and was well maintained. Perfect location not far from anything and very peaceful. We were very pleased no complaints an WILL be returning to stay with them again.
Stayed October 29, 2016 to November 3, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
We’ll be back!!
The cabin was absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way! Couldn’t ask for more for a romantic getaway. Beautiful view of the mountains and clean and well maintained. Excellent location — away from the crowds and traffic of the more commercialized areas, but close enough that if you want to head that way, you can. I can’t say enough good things. Was everything I had hoped it would be and more!
Stayed October 20, 2016 to October 24, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
We had great time in the cabin. It was exactly what was described to us. Also, we found place we can recommend to our friend and family and place we will be looking forward to visit again in the future.
Stayed October 16, 2016 to October 21, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Best birthday EVER!!!!
We had the best time ever !! We would love for you to have us stay at your cabin again! The view was great the cabin was 5 star .
Stayed October 15, 2016 to October 17, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
My hubby and I may have been married nearly 45 years , but when we step into Golden Memories cabin we feel like Honeymooners again.
The coziness of the studio reminds us of our first tiny apartment ????. And the heart shaped tub with room for two is perfect for relaxing after a long drive to TN.. We plan on visiting Golden Memories many more times in the future! We Love It????
Stayed September 23, 2016 to September 26, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
We stayed in this cabin for our honeymoon and it was a great experience! Everything was clean when we got there and it looked just like the pictures. Everything was in running order and there were no surprises. The cabin is somewhat secluded which is nice, and close to many local restaurants and attractions and is even a short drive to Pigeon Forge. We also liked that it was very close to one of the few entrances into the Smoky Mountain National Park. We would definitely recommend this cabin to anyone who is considering!
Stayed August 14, 2016 to August 19, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Peaceful and relaxing vacation!
The cabin and surroundings were wonderful! Had a peaceful and relaxing vacation thank you so much for the use of your cabin, would certainly visit again. Sincerely, Robert and Laura M.
Stayed July 23, 2016 to July 31, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Wonderful Cabin With a Great View
My husband and I took a trip to the Smokey Mountains to celebrate our 40th. anniversary. Your cabin was so delightful and had a beautiful view of the mountains. It was so much better than staying in a hotel! The cabin was spacious and had everything one would need. It would be a beautiful place to stay in the fall to view the changing colors. We will recommend your cabin to all our friends.
Karen & Dave M
Stayed August 18, 2016 to August 21, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Loved our cabin stay!!
Our vacation was a very relaxing stay! Just what me and hubby needed! Our cabin was perfect for a little get away. Would highly recommend these cabins to anyone.
Stayed August 6, 2016 to August 12, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Golden Memories- romance and fun
A beautiful cabin nestled in Wears Valley. We enjoyed our stay. It was the perfect atmosphere for a romantic getaway!
Bruce S & Rebekah S
Stayed July 30, 2016 to August 1, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
We found our stay in this lovely little cabin very enjoyable and relaxing. It was the perfect place to stay for hiking in the Smokies since the park is literally 5 minutes away. The cabin was beautiful and very well-equipped with everything we needed including a wonderful hot tub to relax in after long hikes. There is a lovely view of the mountains from the back porch making it the perfect place for morning coffee. Don & Margaret are great and always available if you need anything. We will definitely stay here again!
Kirsten & Mic
Stayed June 26, 2016 to July 6, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Better Than Expected
My stay at the Golden Memories cabin could not have been more satisfying. The cabin was clean and well maintained, the bed was very comfortable to sleep in after long hikes, and the seclusion from other tourists was my favorite feature. This cabin exceeded my expectations and when I visit the Smoky Mountains again, I will be staying at this cabin. The name “Golden Memories” is definitely fitting, as I got engaged here too!
Stayed May 5, 2016 to May 10, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Our stay at Golden Memories
My husband and I rented The Golden Memories Cabin to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary. The cabin was everything we hoped it would be, comfortable, relaxing, private, and we wanted mountain views from our hot tub. We got it all and more. We will definitely rent from Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins again! Trent & Chante’ Winters Sevierville,Tn
Stayed April 18, 2016 to April 21, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
This quaint cabin tucked away in the Smoky Mountains comes with picturesque views and relaxing amenities. The name ‘Golden Memories’ is certainly apropos; my spouse and I found the perfect photographic moment amidst the rising morning sun.
Stayed April 16, 2016 to April 19, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
A little slice of heaven
Easy drive from pigeon forge. Better than pics. Bed was very comfortable. Very private and the view from the hottub makes you want to stay longer. The owners are VERY accomodating and their cabin provided everything +.Just bring food, outside firewood and be ready to relax. Would have stayed another day if available!. This is one we will rebook. Ty
Stayed March 31, 2016 to April 3, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Wish we could have stayed longer!
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the cabin. It was just as pretty as the pictures looked, and was a great place to relax. We especially enjoyed the hot tub with the mountain views! We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend a stay here!
Jodi & Michael C
Stayed March 18, 2016 to March 22, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Beautiful secluded cabin!
Our stay at golden memories was absolutely phenomenal. The cabin was perfect. Secluded enough but still close to pigeon forge and gatlinburg. Gorgeous mountain views and quiet all day and night. We would definitely love to return. Thank you for making our trip memorable!
Stayed February 27, 2016 to March 4, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
We enjoyed our stay at the golden memories cabin The cabin was all we expected and more. The express checkin was awsome and very convenient. The kitchen was well appointed and the cabin was clean and cozy. Thanks
Stayed February 15, 2016 to February 19, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
The Perfect Vacation
My boyfriend and I spent a very relaxing week at the Golden Memories cabin for our one year anniversary and to celebrate Valentine’s Day. This is the second cabin that I have rented from Donn and Margaret and the cabins have always exceeded my expectations. The location was perfect and the pictures on the website are exactly what you get. We even had snow! The cabin was convient to everything. A perfect vacation spot!
Stayed February 9, 2016 to February 16, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
From the moment you get off that car Your breathe will be taken away the view of the mountains they are so amazing, the serenity of the silence is just so peaceful.. And once inside the cabin you’ll feel so at home cozy warm feel to the whole place. Very clean and spacious. My Fiancé and I loved our stay and would definitely be going back again.. Love it all
Stayed February 6, 2016 to February 10, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
My husband and I came to golden memories for our honeymoon. It was wonderful. The cabin was nice and had everything we needed. We enjoyed the hot tub and jacuzzi. We hope to return very soon.
Stayed February 1, 2016 to February 7, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
The cabin was clean, easily accessible, and located within excellent views of the mountains. This is truly one of the nicer cabins in the area. We have stayed with this company before, and will continue to do so as the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Stayed January 11, 2016 to January 15, 2016(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Beautiful Cabin-Very Clean-Thoughtful Owners
Impressed with the little details. The owners didn’t skimp on amenities, Extremely clean , quiet, peaceful and serene. Bed felt luxurious! Would LOVE to stay again. 5 STARS
Stayed November 21, 2015 to November 27, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
What a wonderful weekend!!!
My husband and I stayed at your cabin for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We walked in the cabin and did a collective “WOW!”. It was beautiful, neat, clean wonderfully and tastefully decorated. The cabin had everything we needed. It was a wonderful weekend. We will be back :):):):)
Stayed November 13, 2015 to November 16, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Great cabin and location. Beautiful inside and out. Can’t wait to come back.
Stayed November 6, 2015 to November 9, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Golden Memories Cabin
Enjoyed your cabin, great view and close to Pigeion Forge and the mountains,
Stayed October 25, 2015 to October 31, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
10 year anniversary get away
This cabin was great! This was our first time staying in a cabin in the Smokies and we will definitely be doing it again. Loved the valley view and it was so easy getting anywhere from or cabin. Less than 10 minutes from the strip and very quite at night. Enjoyed the sunrise view from bed and the stars at night. Hot tub was perfect for relaxing after a day of hiking and sight seeing. Pool table was great fun as well. Didn’t want to leave that Friday morning. Thank you for letting us use your little slice of heaven for a few days. I would definitely recommend this cabin to anyone that is just getting away with their spouse for a getaway. I’m curious to check out your other cabins for a family vacation with the kids.
Stayed October 19, 2015 to October 24, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
My stay at the Golden Memories Cabin was awesome great view of the mountains and just a good place to relax and have a good time with your significant other. I will definitely be going back!!
Stayed October 16, 2015 to October 20, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary here we enjoyed it very much. Everything was very clean and comfortable. Its not as secluded as it looks in the pictures but not bad. If you like to cook bring your own kitchen knives because the ones in the cabin are very dull. Good thing I had a fairly sharp pocket knife! It was not hard to find and close enough to all the attractions.
Stayed October 1, 2015 to October 5, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
everything was so perfect, hot tub on the deck viewing the beautiful mountains was terrific. Cabin was very clean and home like. All though we did not cook there, the kitchen was well stocked with everything you will need. We almost missed the road to turn , as it is very hidden, but it was during the day and was ok.
Stayed September 7, 2015 to September 12, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Beautiful cabin with amazing views!!!
Beautiful cabin with amazing views!!!
Stayed July 29, 2015 to July 31, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Perfect Couples Retreat
My husband I and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the golden memories cabin; it was the perfect couples retreat. We found everything we needed to create a home away from home from the kitchen, laundry, and cozy living area. The bed was comfortable and the hot tub and fire pit were amazing to enjoy at sunset. The cabin is conveniently located near all the Smokey Mountain fun but far enough away from all the activity to feel serene. Reservations were easy to make, the place was very clean, and the rates very reasonable for the value. Last but not least, the view of the mountains from the back porch and hot tub was great…really beautiful. My husband and I highly recommend this cabin and we hope to visit again in the future.
Elmwood Park, IL
Stayed July 5, 2015 to July 10, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
this place was everything it said it was a more quiet, calm and relaxing i could honestly say it felt like home
Stayed June 15, 2015 to June 19, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
golden memories it was! What an awesome cabin! Margret and Donn have gone all out to accommodate!
Stayed July 4, 2015 to July 6, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
Great place to stay!
My wife and I spent our 5th anniversary and enjoyed our stay. It was secluded yet close to town and very clean! We hope to make it a annual trip!
Stayed June 26, 2015 to June 30, 2015(Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, Golden Memories cabin)
1. AGE: To reserve this cabin, you must be at least 21 years old. We do make exceptions, please call 865-202-7657
2. PAYMENTS: To make a reservation we require 1/3 of the total rental amount down on a credit card with the balance due 30 days prior to your arrival date. Reservations will be cancelled for failure to pay the balance after 2 days late. The cabin/property will be put back on the calendar and advertised for rent to another party.
3. CANCELLATIONS: The fee to cancel is equal to 1/3 of the total rental amount (same as your first payment). Cancellations received 30 days or less, prior to the arrival date, will be responsible for the entire rental amount unless the cabin is rented to another party. (it may be necessary to discount the cabin last minute in order to rent it and any refund will be for the difference and less the fee to cancel.)
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT: In lieu of collecting a security deposit, Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins and the owners, Donn and/or Margaret Tisch, reserve the right to charge your credit card for damages or loss beyond normal wear and tear, and for violation of this rental agreement.
5. INSURANCE: We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance for unintended cancellation, disruption of utilities, inclement weather, Acts of God, accidental damage, accidents, injury, break downs, medical emergencies and any other unintended consequences. We do not refund money for early departures, power outages, inclement weather or other disruptions to appliances, amenities or any of the conditions (afore mentioned or not) that is beyond of our control.
6. CHECK /IN TIMES: Check in time is at 4 pm. On certain days/times of year the cleaning crew is very busy. They do their level best to have every cabin ready by 4 pm. Every effort will be made to have your cabin ready by 4 pm, but we do not give refunds or compensation if it is not ready on time. Likewise, if your cabin is ready early, you’re welcome to check in up to two hours early and we do not charge for that. (Please contact our office on the day you arrive to see if your cabin is ready to check in early).
7. CHECK /OUT TIMES: Check out is before 10 am. It is necessary that the cabin be vacant and ready to clean when the cleaning company arrives. There is a late charge of $50 per hour for anyone checking out after 10 am.
8. DEPARTURE: Before you depart, leave the beds unmade. Put towels & linens in the bath tub. Wash dishes or run dishwasher. Leave trash in trash can provided or in the kitchen. Lock doors. Set thermostat to 70 degrees. Return furnishings to where they were when you checked in. Leave televisions in a connected/wired/programmed fashion to local channels. Leave the remote on a coffee table. Please leave the property/cabin and grounds in the condition that you found it.
9. SMOKING: All of our vacation homes/cabins are Non-smoking. You may smoke outdoors if you safely dispose of, extinguish smoking material and pick up your cigarette butts.
10. PETS: This is cabin does allow for an approved dog.
A) Pet must meet with prior approval and a fee paid.
B) Pets are not allowed on the beds or furnishings.
C) Pets left alone in the cabin must be in a portable kennel.
D) Pets that chew, bite or are not properly house trained are not allowed.
E) Please pick up after your pet.
11. PARTY POLICY: We do not allow parties of any kind. We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the property without notice or refund for having a party.
12. VISITORS: Non-paying guests are not allowed unless permission is granted in advance.
13. PARKING: There is parking for 2 cars in the driveway.
14. WINTER DRIVING: It is possible for there to be snow and/or ice storms during winter months. This cabin has never been a problem. We are not responsible or liable for the weather, condition of the road/driveway or your ability to reach or depart from the cabin.
15. IMPROPER USE OF PROPERTY: We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave our cabin/property without notice or refund for any kind of improper use of the cabin. Abusing our vacation home is not allowed and we reserve the right to bill your account for repairs, damage or loss caused that is outside of normal wear and tear.
16. ACCESSIBILITY: It may be necessary on occasion for us to gain entry into the property during your stay (for example: scheduled pest control) we, our representatives and/or maintenance personnel reserve the right to enter the property if necessary. We promise to keep this to an absolute minimum.
17. CLEANING: The cabin/property will be inspected and cleaned after departure. The cleaning fee includes laundering of bedding, linens and towels. Tenants are required to leave the property in the same general condition that it was found/received in by making sure that dishes are washed and put away. And that the property has been picked up, furnishings replaced, televisions programed/connected/working, and the property is ready to be vacuumed, dusted and laundered.
18. HOT TUB: You and your guests use the hot tub at your own risk. You must keep the hot tub covered when not in use. You must read and follow all directions and safety procedures before using the hot tub. They are posted near the tub or in the cabin book. Do not sit, stand on or damage hot tub covers.
19. AIR CONDITIONER: Do not use the Air Conditioner or Furnace with the doors open. Do not use the Fireplace & Air Conditioner at the same time. This is a waste of gas and electricity, causes the unit to freeze and will cause permanent damage to the unit leaving you without heat or air condition for duration of your stay. Please be responsible.
20. FIREPLACES: All fireplaces are seasonal. Depending on weather, they are usually turned on in October and turned off in March. All fireplaces are on a timer. Do not attempt to light, adjust or cook on fireplace. Do not move the logs.
20a. FIRE PIT: Please use caution when lighting a fire. Do not scrounge the woods for fire wood. Fire wood should be purchased from a local vendor. Fires need to be full extinguished when not supervised. Unexpected high winds at night are not uncommon. You are responsible if you start a forest fire, please use extreme caution.
21. FIRE WORKS: Shooting or Possessing Fire Works at any of our cabins/property is prohibited.
22. WILDLIFE/PESTS: Welcome to the mountains! We do have wild animals in the woods. Insects and pests are not uncommon in the mountains either. Each property/cabin is routinely inspected and treated for insects and pests. Do not leave doors or windows open. Do leave food out on the counter. Do not encourage insects, pests or wild animals. Please help us maintain the cabin for future guests.
23. LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By renting this property and signing this document you are assuming all risk and liability for any damage or loss done to persons, property, agents, employees or visitors occasioned by the present or future condition of the premises, both latent and manifest. Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, the owners, Donn and Margaret Tisch, their employee’s or contractors are not responsible for any loss due to theft, items left behind, accidents or injuries to guests or visitors due to negligence or lack of personal responsibility.
24. ATTORNEY COSTS: If Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins or its owners, Donn and Margaret Tisch employ the services of an attorney to enforce any of the conditions of this agreement to collect amounts due, damages or losses, then the tenant shall be liable for attorney fees and costs incurred by them.
25. Amenities Liability Waiver/Hold Harmless Agreement: Please acknowledge that neither the property owner, or Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins is liable for any “bodily injury, or death” caused as a result of the use of amenities at this rental property, except under pure negligence on the part of the owner or Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins. Amenities are defined as (Swimming pools, hot tubs/spas, saunas, exercise equipment, small watercraft, bicycles, fire pits, playgrounds, fishing, recreation areas, and similar).