“Golden View Lodge” / Guest Reviews
Golden View Lodge has received many guest comments in it’s first year being offered for rent!
Perfect! 5/5 Stars!★★★★★
This cabin was perfect for our family and friends to gather for a long weekend. We had plenty of room for everyone and not one of our group members had a complaint. The kitchen was well stocked with equipment, so cooking for the large group was easy and there was more than enough room for us to eat at the two large tables as a family. The location is perfect, it’s far enough out of town to be quiet, but close enough to town to go and explore. The rooms in the cabin were perfect, the way that it is organized allowed for everyone to have the privacy they needed and yet allowed us all to get together to socialize easily. It had plenty of parking and was even convenient for our motorcycle riders. We would rent this cabin again without hesitation. — Marcy, Knoxville, Tn
Incredible cabin at a bargain. Secluded, Beautiful! 5/5 Stars!★★★★★
One of the very nicest cabins I have ever been in. We could not believe the price. Starting with the drive up, which is not a scary mountain road, the privacy begins. Driving through the iron gates you gradually ascend up paved roads to the private drive-way to the top. Secluded, peaceful and view view view. Entering the cabin, without climbing a flight of stairs, you will be impressed with the quality that went into every detail of this cabin. Upscale furnishings and upscale cabin. We especially appreciated the regulation pool table that played true. Even the hot tub has a great view. I will recommend this cabin to my friends and family. We did not want to leave the cabin for anything. The cabin is located only 15 minutes from the center of Pigeon Ridge in beautiful Wears Valley. Or a scenic back route up into the Smokies and Cades Cove (a must see). Thanks — Gordon, Madisonville
Wonderful Experience for our large group! 5/5 Stars!★★★★★
We stayed over the Fourth of July week and I was completely impressed by the cleanliness, comfort and seclusion the cabin offered. It comfortably accommodated 17 with plenty of kitchen space (and cookware, appliances, etc) and the most amazing views. We had plenty of rain during our trip but still had an amazing time in this cabin. You literally will not see another vehicle drive past you while you’re here. The hot tub, amazing decks, and pool table kept everyone busy. You’re about 15 to 20 minutes away from anything you’d want to do including beautiful horseback riding, zip lining, tubing, shopping, and restaurants which we took advantage of. Going into pigeon forge or gatlinburg can be very overwhelming if you’re not expecting that kind of traffic or crowds but there’s something for everyone there. We stopped at a little house to get fudge and he recommended walden creek horse riding and wears valley zip lining and we would recommend them as we’ll after having such good experiences. — Barb & Family, Michigan
Amazing Cabin! 5/5 Stars!★★★★★
This cabin is amazing! The view is second to none. Privacy is unequalled! We had GREAT time here! — 1st Baptist Church Group
Wonderful Place! 5/5 Stars!★★★★★
Thank you so much for a wonderful place for us to connect, relax and enjoy! It was beautiful and more than we could have ever hoped for! We enjoyed the hot tub and deck immensely! Everything was well stocked, clean and comfortable. We hope to back again soon! — The C. Family
Great place to visit the Great Smokey Mountains! 5/5 Stars!★★★★★
Our group included 3 families: 8 kids, 6 adults. We really enjoyed this lodge on the mountain. It is located near the top of the ridge on a steep winding road, so be sure your car or truck can handle the terrain. The rental experience was very positive. The only issues we had was the gas tank on one of the outdoor grills was empty, however, the other grill had plenty. We would have preferred Tv’s in all the bedrooms for the adults as well. The hot tub worked really well and was a welcome relief after hiking each day in the park up to Clingman’s Dome, Laurel Falls, and abrams Falls. If you want to be part of the scene of the tourist towns of Pigeon Forge or Gatlinbur, this is not your place. But if you want a secluded beautiful cabin with great views, this is your place. — Eric W., N Central IN
Great Place! 5/5 Stars!★★★★★
What a great place to come and reconnect with loved ones who live apart. We celebrated our parents 60th Wedding Anniversary and we will never forget it! Thank you Donn and Margaret for allowing us to use your cabin!
Awesome View! 5/5 Stars!★★★★★
Wonderful family time was had by all! Lots of hiking, photography, zip lines and sharing around the dinner table. We are scattered around the country and this was a great chance to catch up! AWESOME View! Enjoyed the wonders that God has made. The people here are so friendly and made us feel welcome. The cabin was nicely stocked and decorated. — Bel Aire, MD
1. AGE: To reserve this cabin, you must be at least 28 years old. We do not rent to sororities, fraternities, college or high school groups. Groups of unrelated guests must get prior approval. For questions, please call 865-202-7657
2. PAYMENTS: To make a reservation we require 1/3 of the total rental amount down on a credit card with the balance due 30 days prior to your arrival date. Reservations will be cancelled for failure to pay the balance after 2 days late. The cabin/property will be put back on the calendar and advertised for rent to another party.
3. CANCELLATIONS: The fee to cancel is equal to 1/3 of the total rental amount (same as your first payment). Cancellations received 30 days or less, prior to the arrival date, will be responsible for the entire rental amount unless the cabin is rented to another party. (it may be necessary to discount the cabin last minute in order to rent it and any refund will be for the difference and less the fee to cancel.)
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT: In lieu of collecting a security deposit, Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins and the owners, Donn and/or Margaret Tisch, reserve the right to charge your credit card for damages or loss beyond normal wear and tear and violation of this rental agreement.
5. INSURANCE: We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance for unintended cancellation, disruption of utilities, inclement weather, Acts of God, accidental damage, accidents, injury, break downs, medical emergencies and any other unintended consequences. We do not refund money for early departures, power outages, inclement weather or other disruptions to appliances, amenities or any of the conditions (afore mentioned or not) that is beyond of our control.
6. CHECK /IN TIMES: Check in time is at 4 pm. On certain days/times of year the cleaning crew is very busy. They do their level best to have every cabin ready by 4 pm. Every effort will be made to have your cabin ready by 4 pm, but we do not give refunds or compensation if it is not ready on time. Likewise, if your cabin is ready early, you are welcome to check in up to two hours early and we do not charge for that. (Please contact our office on the day you arrive to see if your cabin is ready to check in early).
7. CHECK /OUT TIMES: Check out is before 10 am. It is necessary that the cabin be vacant and ready to clean when the cleaning company arrives. There is a late charge of $50 per hour for anyone checking out after 10 am.
8. DEPARTURE: Before you depart, leave the beds unmade. Put towels & linens in the bath tub. Wash dishes or run dishwasher. Leave trash in trash can provided, dumpster or in the kitchen. Lock doors and windows. Set thermostat to 70 degrees. Return furnishings to where they were when you checked in. Leave televisions in a connected/wired/programed fashion to local channels. Leave the remote on a nearby table. Please leave the property/cabin and grounds in the condition that you found it.
9. SMOKING: All of our vacation homes/cabins are Non-smoking. You may smoke outdoors if you safely dispose of, extinguish smoking material and pick up your cigarette butts.
10. NO PETS: This is not a pet friendly cabin.
11. PARTY POLICY: We do not allow parties of any kind. We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the property without notice or refund for having a party.
12. VISITORS: Non-paying guests are not allowed unless permission is granted in advance.
13. PARKING: There is parking for 6-8 cars in the driveway.
14. WINTER DRIVING: It is possible for there to be snow and/or ice storms during winter months. We will make every effort to plow, salt and assist you in reaching the cabin (time, supplies & equipment permitting). We are not responsible or liable for the weather, condition of the road/driveway or your ability to reach or depart from the cabin.
15. IMPROPER USE OF PROPERTY: We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave our cabin/property without notice or refund for any kind of improper use of the cabin. Abusing our vacation home is not allowed and we reserve the right to bill your account for repairs, damage or loss caused that is outside of normal wear and tear.
16. ACCESSIBILITY: It may be necessary on occasion for us to gain entry into the property during your stay (for example: scheduled pest control) we, our representatives and/or maintenance personnel reserve the right to enter the property if necessary. We promise to keep this to an absolute minimum.
17. CLEANING: The cabin/property will be inspected and cleaned after departure. The cleaning fee includes laundering of bedding, linens and towels. Tenants are required to leave the property in the same general condition that it was found/received in by making sure that dishes are washed and put away. And that the property has been picked up, furnishings replaced, televisions programed/connected/working, and the property is ready to be vacuumed, dusted and laundered.
18. HOT TUB: You and your guests use the hot tub at your own risk. You must keep the hot tub covered when not in use. You must read and follow all directions and safety procedures before using the hot tub. They are posted near the tub or in the cabin book. Do not sit, stand on or damage hot tub covers.
18 a. POOL TABLES: Never attempt to move a pool table. If the pool table is moved or damaged during your stay you are responsible for repairing or replacing it.
19. AIR CONDITIONER: Do not use the Air Conditioner or Furnace with the windows or doors open. Do not use the Fireplace & Air Conditioner at the same time. This is a waste of gas and electricity, causes the unit to freeze and will cause permanent damage to the unit leaving you without heat or air condition for duration of your stay. Please be responsible.
20. FIREPLACES: All fireplaces are seasonal. Depending on weather, they are usually turned on in October and turned off in March. All fireplaces are on a timer. Do not attempt to light, adjust or cook on fireplace. Do not move the logs.
20a. FIRE PIT: Please use caution when lighting a fire. Do not scrounge the woods for fire wood. Fire wood should be purchased from a local vender. Fires need to be full extinguished when not supervised. Unexpected high winds at night are not uncommon. You are responsible if you start a forest fire, please use extreme caution.
21. FIRE WORKS: Shooting or Possessing Fire Works at any of our cabins/property is prohibited.
22. WILDLIFE/PESTS: Welcome to the mountains! We do have wild animals in the woods. Insects and pests are not uncommon in the mountains either. Each property/cabin is routinely inspected and treated for insects and pests. Do not leave doors or windows open. Do not leave food out on the counter. Do not leave trash in the cabin. Do not encourage insects, pests or wild animals. Please help us maintain the cabin for future guests.
23. LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By renting this property and signing this document you are assuming all risk and liability for any damage or loss done to persons, property, agents, employees or visitors occasioned by the present or future condition of the premises, both latent and manifest. Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins, the owners, Donn and Margaret Tisch, their employee’s or contractors are not responsible for any loss due to theft, items left behind, accidents or injuries to guests or visitors due to negligence or lack of personal responsibility.
24. ATTORNEY COSTS: If Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins or its owners, Donn and Margaret Tisch employ the services of an attorney to enforce any of the conditions of this agreement to collect amounts due, damages or losses, then the tenant shall be liable for attorney fees and costs incurred by them.
25. Amenities Liability Waiver/Hold Harmless Agreement: Please acknowledge that neither the property owner, or Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins is liable for any “bodily injury, or death” caused as a result of the use of amenities at this rental property, except under pure negligence on the part of the owner or Smoky Mountain Golden Cabins. Amenities are defined as (Swimming pools, hot tubs/spas, saunas, exercise equipment, small watercraft, bicycles, fire pits, playgrounds, fishing, recreation areas, and similar).